Are Steam Cleaners Safe For Laminate Wood Floors
Floor and Steam Cleaners When it comes to cleaning your floor and steam cleaners its always a safe bet to check with your flooring manufacturer.
Are Steam Cleaners Safe For Laminate Wood Floors. Because of woods porous nature moisture is easily absorbed. Be Careful Using a Steam Mop on Other Types of Flooring Even for non-wood flooring you need to exercise caution. No steam cleaner is safe for wood as never is steam itself.
For deeper cleaning you can use a steam mop very sparingly on laminate floors. It can curl crackle and ultimately lose its smooth wood-like finish. Steam mops create too much moisture for laminate floors which are often manufactured with a compressed fiberparticleboard layers.
Damage caused by these types of cleaning systems are not covered under your flooring warranty. The steam can cause swelling and warping of the product. Can You Damage Your Floor With a Steam Mop.
Theres something to be said for this fact and Im sure its not baseless. Many manufacturers do not recommend using a steam mop on laminate floors. However there is an exception if you have waterproof laminate floors from some reputed brands such as Pergo Audacity etc.
However it is possible. When floors are sealed and installed properly these mops can be valuable cleaning tools for quick and quality cleanings. If you dont have the time to bring out your microfiber mop or Swiffer then a steam mop can be used.
Most hardwood and laminate flooring manufacturers warn against moisture and their products. Be sure to dry the floor immediately after steam cleaning with a clean dry microfiber cloth or mop. The drying time for steam mopping is generally around 30 seconds for hard floors such as tile as opposed to carpet.
- Laminate Flooring V Groove
- Laminate Flooring Steam Mop
- Laminate Wood Flooring Installation Companies
- Laminate Flooring With Attached Underlayment Pros And Cons
- Laminate Flooring Memphis
- Laminate Flooring Vancouver Wa
- Laminate Flooring Noise Reduction
- Laminate Flooring Thresholds And Stairs
- Laminate Flooring Versus Hardwood
- Laminate Flooring Per Square Foot
- Laminate Flooring San Antonio
- Laminate Flooring Texture
- Laminate Hardwood Floor Cleaning Tips
- Laminate Flooring Liquidation
- Laminate Flooring Orange County
- Laminate Wood Flooring Kitchen
- Laminate Flooring Tools
- Laminate Flooring With Attached Underlay Canada
- Laminate Flooring Stirling
- Laminate Flooring Over Underfloor Heating