Are Steam Mops Bad For Laminate Floors
A steam mop as the name suggests produces steam that can soak into the boards through the cracks on the floor and cause damage to the fiberboard core.
Are Steam Mops Bad For Laminate Floors. I am a qualified installer of solid wood laminate floors and LVTs and these cleaners cause damage over time and will wreck your floor. Stocki says its best to avoid using a steam mop on laminate which is made of fiberboard because the heat could damage the plastic surface. The moisture produced from the steam mop can completely ruin the laminate floor.
Just test it in beforehand. Laminate Ceramic Flooring While laminate flooring can resist moderate temperatures the pressure of a steam mop can force steam into the joints between the planks causing moisture build up resulting in the seams swelling in small areas or even across the entire floor. As we know the PVC in it is waterproof steam can manage to enter through the groove and destroy it.
The reason manufacturers recommend a damp mop over a steam cleaner is because laminate is sensitive to heat and moisture. The steam produced by Steam mops can certainly kill bacteria and other pathogens but you have to hold the mop for at least 10 minutes over a spot to sanitize that much area. These corded or battery-powered mops have rotating or vibrating mop pads to deep clean floors with minimal effort.
The answer is yes you can steam mop your laminate flooring but only with special care. With a steam mop You have control. Traditional wet mopping and even wet pad sweeping can leave moisture sitting on laminate for several minutes.
The sealed or fitted together properly thing is a myth. If you dont have the time to bring out your microfiber mop or Swiffer then a steam mop can be used. But you can still use steam mops because it does not produce that much heat 120 degrees while cleaning your floors.
These tools are comparatively safe for most flooring types. Concrete floor or tiles. A steam mop can as well make a laminate floor to start peeling swelling and warping.
- How Long Does It Take To Put Down Vinyl Plank Flooring
- How To Install Laminate Flooring Over Existing Hardwood
- How Much Does A Laminate Floor Cost
- How To Buff Laminate Wood Floors
- Homebase Laminate Flooring
- How To Install Laminate Flooring Over Concrete
- How Much Does It Cost To Install Laminate Flooring Canada
- How To Fit Self Adhesive Vinyl Floor Tiles
- Home Depot Flooring Laminate Wood
- Hoover For Laminate Floors
- How To Install Laminate Flooring Around Door Openings
- How Should You Clean Laminate Wood Floors
- How Much Does Lumber Liquidators Charge To Install Laminate Flooring
- How Do You Repair Scratched Laminate Flooring
- How Good Is Laminate Flooring
- How To Clean Armstrong Laminate Flooring
- How To Install Laminate Flooring Next Carpet
- How To Cover Stairs With Laminate Flooring
- How To Install Laminate Flooring Around Patio Doors
- Home Depot Flooring Laminate