Can I Install Laminate Flooring On Top Of Carpet
Prevent mold from growing under your carpet by allowing the laminate floor to dry first before laying the carpet.
Can I Install Laminate Flooring On Top Of Carpet. Yet another issue that comes with the installation of laminate flooring on top of a carpet is a high risk of mold and mildew. This inherent instability of laminate flooring coupled with the fact that laminate flooring is a very firm surface that doesnt allow for much cushion make it advisable to rip up laminate flooring before installing carpet. Carpet padding is too thick and soft for the laminate to lay properly without movement.
If you have a higher profile carpet that is plush and padded like we do you need to lay a solid surface down to make it firm. Remove any potential obstacles so your laminate flooring will have a seamless surface. You dont want to install laminate over it.
Joy30150932 on Jan 03 2018 Best to remove the carpet and then do. Carpets become uneven as frequently used walking paths are pushed down by. As much as you want to cut down costs on a new floor this is not the way to do it.
Temporary flooring can be what breathes new life into a space without breaking the bank and spending a lot of time tearing out carpet. It has been fine for a year now and it theoretically suits the lease that says he has to have carpet fitted plus provides sound insulation. 242 posts my friend has moved to a flat with laminate flooring looks fine but turns out to be fitted right on top of the old carpet.
You cannot install laminate flooring on top of this type of underlayment as its too soft. The answer is a clear no. Ill tell you right now it didnt all go as planned.
Yes provided the surface is flat and level per our subfloor specifications and the condition of the floor is good. So Im thinking of doing the same. It is possible to put laminate over the carpet.
- Laminate Or Solid Wood Flooring
- Laminate Flooring Thickness
- Laminate Flooring Transition Pieces
- Laminate Flooring Teesside
- Laminate Flooring Suppliers Nuneaton
- Laminate Flooring On Ceiling
- Laminate Flooring Stairs Cost
- Laminate Wood Floor Reviews
- Laminate Flooring That Looks Like Old Barn Wood
- Laminate Flooring On Stairs Nosing
- Laminate Stick On Flooring
- Laminate Wood Flooring Stair Nose
- Laminate Flooring Saws
- Laminate Floors Home Depot
- Laminate Hardwood Floor Scratch Repair
- Laminate Flooring Topps Tiles
- Laminate Flooring With Attached Underlayment
- Laminate Wood Flooring Kitchen Pictures
- Laminate Hardwood Flooring Cost Installed
- Laminate Flooring Oak Effect