Can I Lay Carpet On Top Of Laminate Flooring
When placing plywood sheets over plush carpet lay them in the opposite direction the floor will go.
Can I Lay Carpet On Top Of Laminate Flooring. If your carpet is ¼ of an inch thin you can safely and easily install laminate right on top of it without the need of putting anything between the carpet and laminate. You cannot install laminate flooring on top of this type of underlayment as its too soft. You should not use carpet pad under a laminate floor because it will act as a spring board and will be very bouncy and will cause the locking mechanism on the laminate floor to break or come apart.
The maximum thickness of the carpet should be around ¼ inch. I still believe laying carpet on top will work but will be a bit of a bodge. If you have a low profile carpet such as berber you can lay the laminate flooring right on top.
The reason for this is that the flooring needs a very stable surface upon which to rest. Additionally consider the height of your doors so that you dont have trouble opening your doors. We well actually my OH took our laminate floor up in the lounge to lay a.
Carpets become uneven as frequently used walking paths are pushed down by. Although at first glance it may seem a good idea to install laminate over carpeting there are a number of good reasons not toregardless of whether it is high-pile or low-pile Persian style or flokati. If the floating floor is moving you will get different tensions in the carpet.
If your carpet is low-pile and is generally flat and in good condition your laminate can be properly installed on top of the existing floors. It is floating because the laminate is not attached to the floor underneath. First of all if you install carpet over laminate flooring you can always go back to laminate flooring by removing the carpet.
This is a question best answered by saying it depends. Heres a link to a success story over fluffy carpet if youd like to try it. Remember that the sub floor underneath the carpet and carpet underlayment should be smooth and free of debris.
- Can I Lay Laminate Flooring On Top Of Carpet
- Can Underfloor Heating Go Under Laminate Flooring
- Can You Paint Laminate Flooring Uk
- Can You Lay Laminate Flooring In A Bathroom
- Can You Clean Laminate Floors With Vinegar And Water
- Can You Steam Clean Laminate Hardwood Floors
- Can Vinyl Plank Flooring Go Over Ceramic Tile
- Chair Mats For Laminate Floors
- Can You Put Vinyl Plank Flooring Over Hardwood
- Care For Laminate Wood Flooring
- Can You Lay Vinyl Flooring Over Tile
- Can Bona Be Used On Laminate Floors
- Can You Lay Laminate Flooring Without Underlay
- Can You Seal Laminate Flooring
- Bruce Locking Laminate Flooring Park Avenue
- Can You Lay Lino Over Ceramic Floor Tiles
- Chesapeake Laminate Flooring Reviews
- Canadian Laminate Flooring
- Can You Lay Floor Tile Over Linoleum
- Cleaning Laminate Wood Floors Naturally