Can You Steam Mop Wood Laminate Floors
Because of this laminate has a top layer that acts as a sealant.
Can You Steam Mop Wood Laminate Floors. These tools are comparatively safe for most flooring types. Steam mops as mentioned a while ago can also cause moisture damage. Electric mops do most of the scrubbing themselves.
When a steam mop is used on laminate flooring steam soothes over the laminated floor cleaning off the dirt and only a tiny amount of leftover moisture is present which can not cause any harm. Damage caused by these types of cleaning systems are not covered under your flooring warranty. Understand that laminate floors are made of planks linked together.
Laminate flooring is made by pressing several materials together to create a beautiful image of wood without as high a cost as the real thing. Sponge mops can work but may be abrasive to cause scratches on the floors surface. Theres something to be said for this fact and Im sure its not baseless.
Additionally keep it moving. Dont let it settle in a certain area. Many homeowners who have laminate floors may be wondering if they can use a steam mop to keep their floors fresh and clean.
Just test it in beforehand. The drying time for steam mopping is generally around 30 seconds for hard floors such as tile as opposed to carpet. Traditional wet mopping and even wet pad sweeping can leave moisture sitting on laminate for several minutes.
Be Careful Using a Steam Mop on Other Types of Flooring Even for non-wood flooring you need to exercise caution. By now you know that wood and moisture are not allies. The steam can cause swelling and warping of the product.
- Hoover Steam Mop Laminate Floors
- How To Decide Which Way Lay Laminate Flooring
- How Much For Installing Laminate Flooring
- How To Fit Laminate Flooring On Floorboards
- How To Clean Laminate Floor Without Leaving Streaks
- How To Fix A Loose Laminate Floor Board
- How Much To Install Laminate Flooring Per Sq Ft
- Hickory Laminate Flooring Uk
- How Do I Lay Laminate Flooring
- How To Install Laminate Flooring Around Door Frame
- How Do You Cover Stairs With Laminate Flooring
- How To Fit Laminate Flooring In Kitchen
- How Do I Put Laminate Flooring Down
- Herringbone Laminate Flooring
- How To Get Scratches Out Of High Gloss Laminate Flooring
- How To Fit Laminate Floor Edge Trim
- How Much Laminate Flooring Do I Need
- How To Get Scuff Marks Off Laminate Wood Flooring
- How Do You Put Vinyl Tile On Floor
- How To Clean Laminate Floors With Bona