How To Fix Scratches In Wood Laminate Floors
For spray-on scratch treatments simply spray the scratched surface with the treatment and buff the liquid out of the laminate.
How To Fix Scratches In Wood Laminate Floors. Use the felt tip marker on any minor scratches you notice. There are several budget-friendly ways to remove a scratch from wood flooring. Wood fillers First use a sample of your laminate flooring if you have one to find a touch-up or repair kit in a matching color.
Replace the Damaged Plank. If youre the creative type you can color in. Apply wax or acrylic floor polish over light scratches in hardwood floors but take caution.
If needed use fine-grit sandpaper to lightly sand. Apply Filling Pencils and Markers. Wipe the laminate around the repair with a clean damp cloth to remove.
Use wax pencils to fill the scratches carefully matching the color of the floor. Follow the directions on the marker and gently draw a line over the area where the scratch exists to blend it into the rest of the flooring. When the scratches seem to be filled with enough wax blend the remaining wax into the surface of the laminate with the tip of the wax pencil.
Allow time for the marker to dry before walking on the area where the scratch is located. To repair this damage youll have to color the scratch with a wood stain marker you can buy at a hardware store. How to prevent scratch marks on your floors.
Minor scratches on laminate floors need to be repaired before they get worse. Over time such polishes can dull and darken the floor eventually requiring removal. Deeper filler makes a darker repair so use the filler sparingly at first.
- Underfloor Heating For Laminate Flooring
- Super Glue On Laminate Flooring
- Tips To Install Laminate Wood Flooring
- Shaw Laminate Wood Flooring
- Should You Put Laminate Flooring Under Kitchen Cabinets
- Shaw Industries Laminate Flooring
- Rustic Pine Laminate Flooring
- Slate Looking Laminate Flooring
- Steam Cleaners Laminate Floors Reviews
- Style Selection Laminate Flooring
- Repair Kit For Laminate Flooring
- Steam Mop Cleaning Laminate Floors
- Remove Scuff Marks From Laminate Floor
- Underfloor Heating Under Laminate Floor
- Replace Broken Laminate Floor Board
- Steam Mops On Laminate Floors
- Staircase Laminate Flooring
- Timeless Oak Grey Laminate Flooring
- Scratch Away For Laminate Floors
- Saw Blade For Laminate Flooring