How To Repair Deep Scratches On Laminate Flooring
Clean your laminate floor thoroughly with water and a sponge and allow it to dry completely before attempting to buff out any scratches.
How To Repair Deep Scratches On Laminate Flooring. Putty is an easily-available construction material that is similar to clay or dough but is highly plastic in nature. With a plastic putty knife a paper towel and your floor repair putty you can fix most scratches in under a few minutes. For spray-on scratch treatments simply spray the scratched surface with the treatment and buff the liquid out of the laminate.
Avoid using hard plastic toys on a laminate floor as hard plastics can abrade a laminate finish. Then use a putty knife to spread the putty into the scratch. Then apply the repair putty on top of the scratch making sure it reaches down into the groove.
Again match the color of your floors as closely as possible. Use wax pencils to fill the scratches carefully matching the color of the floor. The easiest way to correct these scratches is to fill the scratches with melted pencils or wax crayons that are often used to fix minor imperfections.
If needed use fine-grit sandpaper to lightly sand. Wood fillers First use a sample of your laminate flooring if you have one to find a touch-up or repair kit in a matching color. Use the marker crayon putty or pencil in the kit to fill in the scratch.
An easy way to fix scratches on vinyl plank hardwood and laminate flooring using Minwax Stain pensAmazon Affiliate Links USDark Walnuthttpsamznto33T. Keep animal nails trimmed. Filling a few minor scratches on a laminate floor can be done with a wax pencil that matches the color of the floor.
Shoes can trap debris in the soles and scratch a floor. The scratch is filled in with the wax blending it into the rest of the. Assess thoroughly the damaged area as to make sure the repair is possible otherwise take in consideration replacing the planks with new ones.
- How To Lay Laminate Flooring Over Hardwood Floors
- How To Lay Laminate Wood Flooring In Multiple Rooms
- How To Remove Carpet Glue From Laminate Flooring
- How To Remove Tile Glue From Cement Floor
- How To Install Vinyl Plank Flooring Under A Toilet
- How To Lay Vinyl On Tile Floor
- How To Install T Moulding For Laminate Flooring
- How To Install Vinyl Plank Flooring On Concrete Basement
- How To Lay Laminate Flooring On Uneven Floor
- How To Put Vinyl Flooring Over Ceramic Tiles
- How To Put Vinyl Flooring Down
- How To Install Laminate Wood Flooring On Concrete Slab
- How To Remove Laminate Flooring
- How To Install Tile Over Linoleum Flooring
- How To Remove Adhesive Floor Tiles From Concrete
- How To Remove Plastic Floor Tiles
- How To Install Vinyl Laminate Flooring On Concrete
- How To Lay Laminate Wood Flooring Over Concrete
- How To Lay Ceramic Tile On Vinyl Floor
- How To Put Laminate Floor