Laminate Floor Swelling
Spills and improper wet cleaning of a laminate floor can cause water damage in the form of swelling at the laminate joints.
Laminate Floor Swelling. This is often seen as puffy areas along the edge of the planks and frequently crosses between plank edges. Sure laminate flooring can withstand minor spills and a bit of moisture but anything more than this and you risk water damage. Using a dehumidifier can help in drying it up.
Poke a Hole in the Swelling. Stack the planks in order of removal to make cutting easier if it will be necessary. When laminate flooring is swollen up it is because it has absorbed moisture.
Dents gouges or chips in the melamine coating Surface scratches to the melamine coating. It had been placed over an existing wooden floor with a moisture barrier. Look for warped areas that are bending or cracking.
The laminate will expand or contract with weather changes and if the planks are too close to the wall. Since wood fibers in real wood run lengthwise the weak direction is sideways. Causes of Swollen Laminate Flooring Bubbling on laminate flooring can be resulting from too much tension between the laminate planks.
Swelling of laminate floor We had a laminate floor installed in April 2003 by December it began to swell. Keep a 14-inch gap between the edge of the planks and the wall when installing the Pergo. This could be caused by anything from plumbing leaks to spills or wet mopping.
To do this remove the baseboard or quarter round and then take the flooring apart one row at a time until you reach the swollen section of flooring. Unfortunately if you were expecting the drying process to be quick it. Steam can and will make its way into the joints and steam is water.
- How To Install Harmonics Pad Attached Laminate Flooring
- How To Clean A Laminate Floor With Vinegar
- How Much Does It Cost To Install Laminate Flooring
- How Much Does Wood Laminate Flooring Cost
- How Do You Make Laminate Wood Floors Shine
- How To Cut Laminate Flooring Around Doors
- How Lay Laminate Floor
- How To Install Laminate Flooring On Plywood Floors
- How Do I Put Laminate Flooring Down
- How To Install Laminate Flooring Around Entry Doors
- How Do You Fix Scratches On Laminate Floors
- How To Clean Shine Laminate Floors
- How To Get Laminate Flooring Under Door Trim
- How Lay Laminate Flooring
- How To Install Laminate Flooring In A Basement
- Herringbone Laminate Floor
- How To Clean A Laminate Floor Without Streaking
- How To Get Paint Off Laminate Wood Floors
- How Much To Install Laminate Flooring Per Sq Ft
- How Do You Install Laminate Flooring On Walls