Laminate Flooring And Pets Accidents
Great looking with todays technology often an untrained eye cannot tell the difference between it and hardwood.
Laminate Flooring And Pets Accidents. Laminate floor usually looks like hardwood but its made using a core board covered by a melamine wear layer. Waterproof vinyl or tile is the best flooring for dogs that have accidents frequently. The first thing to do if your dog has an accident on your laminate or vinyl floor is to mop up the mess.
Even when you werent able to catch it as soon as it happens mop up and hit it with a pet stain cleaner as soon as you notice the accident. Tile is generally water-resistant and scratch-proof and more affordable than hardwood or stone. An excellent choice for easy cleanup laminate floors offer the beauty of hardwood with less maintenance.
Our original intent was to replace the carpet with laminate flooring but after doing more research we now have real concerns about the dogs urine seeping in between the planks if for example were not home for several hours and the dog has an accident on the laminate flooring. In that kind of situation we would also have concerns about the potential for the urine to permanently stain the flooring. Vinyl may not add much to the value of your home but it is resistant to scratching stains dents and accidentsPlus its an affordable option.
Pet-friendly might sound like a limiting factor but the truth is youll still have a lot of modern and stylish flooring options that will stand up to your dog or cats worst behaviors. From wrecking the surface to more in-depth issues you should always clean it up right away. Check out this advice for other pet messes on floors and furniture.
Most laminate flooring is not well suited for pets. Dog pee can undoubtedly cause problems with your laminate flooring. Laminate is not technically waterproof so it doesnt work very well with standing water -- as it would be the case if Doggie decides to pee on it while youre out and you cant clean it for hours.
Resilient enough to withstand plenty of impact dog nails and pet accidents well. Unlike vinyl laminate flooring is not fully waterproof. Vinyl flooring is a popular flooring option for families with pets.
- Laminate Floor Cutter Hire
- Installing Laminate Flooring Against Uneven Wall
- Is The Shark Steam Mop Good For Laminate Floors
- Laminate Floor Installation Guide
- Laminate Floor Installation Kit Harbor Freight
- Ikea Canada Laminate Flooring
- Is Laminate Flooring Waterproof
- Installing Foam Backed Laminate Flooring
- Laminate Floor Calculator
- Install Pergo Laminate Flooring Yourself
- Kaindl Laminate Flooring
- How To Stagger Laminate Flooring
- How To Wash Laminate Floor Boards
- Laminate Floor Door Strip
- Kronos Laminate Flooring
- Installing Vinyl Plank Flooring On Wood Subfloor
- Ikea Tundra Flooring Australia
- Laminate Floor Edging Strip
- Insulated Laminate Flooring
- How To Repair Warped Wood Laminate Flooring