Laminate Flooring Got Wet
Sure laminate flooring can withstand minor spills and a bit of moisture but anything more than this and you risk water damage.
Laminate Flooring Got Wet. If laminate flooring becomes saturated with water it tends to warp quickly. Stop the Water from Causing Further Damage. If this is the case you may be able to dry it out and it will return to its normal state.
Mop up standing water quickly as water can migrate into laminates seams. Laminate floorings sides open seams damaged areas and bottoms can never get wet. First things first you need to spot the source of the water.
The edge areas of the laminate are more of a problem since edges are cut and exposed. Half the floor is water damaged after someone used too much water to mop and let the water stand. This can occur even when a vapor barrier has been used below the laminate floor.
If water has soaked into your laminate flooring boards there is a. Once the materials in the laminate start to absorb the water it becomes supersaturated. A laminate floor will not be damaged as long as it is not saturated with water.
Water can seep upfrom the cement into the laminate flooring if there is no barrier. This could be caused by anything from plumbing leaks to spills or wet mopping. When laminate gets saturated by water it absorbs the moisture which in turn breaks down the structure of the flooring.
Firstly it depends on the extent of the spill. What to Do if Your Laminate Floor Gets Wet If the water on your floor is topical you can still save it if you quickly clean it up and dry the boards. Using these products may also void your floorings warranty.
- Remove Dog Scratches From Laminate Floor
- Light Brown Laminate Flooring
- Light Grey Slate Laminate Flooring
- Mega Lock Laminate Flooring
- Nirvana Plus Laminate Flooring
- Outdoor Laminate Flooring Tiles
- Leveling A Floor For Laminate
- Putting Laminate Flooring On Walls
- Protect Laminate Flooring
- Putting Laminate Flooring On Stairs
- Placing Laminate Flooring Over Carpet
- Mohawk Laminate Flooring
- Maple Laminate Flooring
- Redwood Laminate Flooring
- Leak Under Laminate Flooring
- Quickstep Antique Oak Laminate Flooring
- Premium Laminate Flooring Select Surfaces
- Putting Down Laminate Wood Flooring
- Mops For Laminate Wood Floors
- Laying Laminate Flooring Around Door Frames