Laminate Flooring Health Risk
Health risks of people who have the laminate flooring are being revised to reflect greater exposure to formaldehyde which could cause eye nose and throat irritation for anyone.
Laminate Flooring Health Risk. It will be prudent to be cautious about the quality that you are buying. Fast mass loss in hand with its toxic emissions of phthalates and dioxin make PVC a. Health conditions that the vinyl can cause include asthma cancer lung kidney and other issues.
These chemicals can contribute to indoor air pollution by drifting out. Although consumers force the industry toward more safe options still the following toxins are used to manufacture laminate flooring. Formaldehyde melamine cyanuric acid isocyanates and aluminium oxide.
And here are some means of being cautious. We estimated the risk of cancer from the CPSC-tested flooring based on conservatively high exposure assumptions. But these glues are often made with formaldehyde a known human carcinogen and serious home air pollutant.
Laminate flooring is made using adhesives and that is why it releases formaldehyde gas which could be toxic to you kids and even pets. Formaldehyde-based glues typically come in one of two types. Consumer Reports agrees with the Centers for Disease Control and Preventions cancer risk estimate which is based on the CPSCs testing of laminate flooring.
What you need to watch out for are companies that seek to make shortcuts such as the aforementioned China companies. Composite wood flooring products like engineered hardwood bamboo and laminate are made by fusing wood layers together with glues and resins. People who make products containing formaldehyde or use the products regularly in their work are more vulnerable to overexposure.
Laminate flooring can be toxic if the wood-bonding adhesive and top layer contain and emit harsh chemicals like formaldehyde. Formaldehyde exposure from the tested laminate flooring would be much lower and would last for less time than the exposures linked to those cancers. Formaldehyde is toxic when it comes to your overall health so you have to be aware if your laminate toxic flooring levels are high.
- Prestige Oak Laminate Flooring
- Perth Laminate Flooring
- Mohawk Laminate Floor Cleaning
- Light Gray Laminate Flooring
- Laura Ashley Laminate Flooring Reviews
- Putting Laminate Flooring
- Malaysia Laminate Flooring
- Most Popular Laminate Flooring
- Quick Step Laminate Flooring Stockists
- Quality Of Laminate Flooring
- Laying Laminate Flooring On Top Of Carpet
- Reclaimed Laminate Flooring
- Loose Laminate Flooring
- Pergo Laminated Flooring
- My Laminate Floor Is Bubbling
- Laying Laminate Flooring On Concrete With Underfloor Heating
- Mohawk Laminate Wood Flooring Reviews
- Remove Scratch Marks From Laminate Flooring
- Lock N Seal Laminate Flooring
- Laying Laminate Flooring On New Concrete