Laminate Wood Floor Water Damage Repair
Call Now 213 337-9173.
Laminate Wood Floor Water Damage Repair. If a carpet is left wet for a long time it will develop mold quickly. Removing water stains If your hardwood floor dries with a white hazy film on the surface you might get rid of it using a soft cotton cloth and a very mild abrasive such as tooth paste polishing compound or even tobacco ashes mixed with mineral oil. Open the windows and doors to allow more airflow through the space.
To repair remove and replace damaged boards and keep the undamaged ones. Always keep an eye on your floors to prevent damage but be prepared to replace warped tiles if the water damage. That said the wood in the laminate floors is prone to water damage if its not treated properly.
In most cases you will need to use a chisel and hammer to start pulling away the damaged pieces without ruining the surrounding surface. Use a hammer and chisel or putty knife to remove baseboards or molding near the damaged. Keep spacers wide to prevent gaps in the planks.
Then plug in a few floor fans and get them running. The repair process is basically the same. Wood Floor Repair Diagram How to Repair Water Damaged Floor Using a very sharp chisel and a pry-bar pull the remaining strips of the plank from the joints around the damaged area.
If the joints do not come loose on their own as you pry them away you will need to use the chisel to cut all the way through the plank at the joint. Let The Repairs Begin. Serves Los Angeles California.
After the flooring is dry allow the laminate several days to show signs of water damage. Laminate-Fix floor repair kits are sold to re-surface an area of damaged laminated plastic flooring. We will provide these inspections at no cost.
- Tile Pattern Laminate Flooring
- Removing Linoleum Tiles From Wood Floor
- Shark Vacuum Good On Laminate Floors
- Skirting Laminate Flooring
- Rugs For Laminate Wood Floors
- Trafficmaster Laminate Flooring Installation
- Texas Traditions Laminate Flooring
- Shaw Laminate Tile Flooring
- Stair Nose Trim For Laminate Flooring
- Steam Cleaner Safe For Laminate Flooring
- Tile Laminate Flooring
- Tarkett Laminate Flooring
- Removing Carpet And Installing Laminate Flooring
- Replace Water Damaged Laminate Flooring
- Repairing Laminate Floor
- Select Surfaces Silver Oak Laminate Flooring Installation
- Shaw Vinyl Plank Floor Cleaning
- Rustic Barn Wood Laminate Flooring
- San Antonio Laminate Flooring
- Under Padding For Laminate Flooring