Repair Water Damaged Laminate Wood Flooring
If the scratch is too deep to fill you can usually replace one board without affecting the rest of your laminate floor.
Repair Water Damaged Laminate Wood Flooring. Locate the wall nearest the damaged plank or planks. Then follow these steps and watch the video above for more details. Even if only a small part of the plank is damaged you still need to pull up the entire plank.
First wipe up any remaining water from the surface of the wood. Remove thresholds or shoe molding that overlap your damaged flooring. First pull up the damaged planks by running a putty knife under the edges.
Unfortunately the situation changes if and when flooding occurs. There are a number of signs that point to your floor being water damaged including bending or cracking. In a good case scenario after fixing the reason of the buckling you can uninstall the planks replace heavily damaged planks and reinstall the rest of the room.
The edge areas of the laminate are more of a problem since edges are cut and exposed. How to Repair Water-Damaged Laminate Flooring In order to repair an existing laminate floor youll need to first confirm that you have an adequate number of extra pieces to make the repair. When laminate gets saturated by water it absorbs the moisture which in turn breaks down the structure of the flooring.
First use a sample of your laminate flooring if you have one to find a touch-up or repair. Then pry up the planks and the baseboard so that you can see the bare floor. We specialize in Installation of Hardwood Floors Hardwood floor Refinishing Water Damage Repair Wood Floor Restoration Buffing Sanding and Custom Staining and other Hardwood Floor.
Open the windows and doors to allow more airflow through the space. The good news is that replacing a part of your damaged laminate floor shouldnt be an overwhelming procedure. Tiles can also be pushed apart by water damage.
- Laminate Flooring Over Vinyl
- Laminate Flooring Reviews Consumer Reports
- Laminate Tile Flooring Installation
- Laminate Floors Melbourne
- Laminate Vs Hardwood Flooring Reviews
- Laminate Flooring Radiant Heat
- Laminate Flooring With Attached Underlayment Reviews
- Laminate Snap Flooring
- Laminate Flooring Vs Solid Wood
- Laminate Flooring Wilmington Nc
- Laminate Flooring T Molding
- Laminate Flooring Teesside
- Laminate Flooring Tiles For Kitchens
- Laminated Timber Flooring Malaysia
- Laminate Tile Floor
- Laminate Tongue And Groove Flooring
- Laminate Wood Flooring Thickness
- Laminate Flooring On Concrete Slab Installation
- Laminate Flooring Pad
- Laminate Flooring That Looks Like Hardwood