Replacing Damaged Laminate Floor Planks
Replacing damaged laminate doesnt have to cost you an arm and a leg.
Replacing Damaged Laminate Floor Planks. With TapGo Locking system its very simple and quick for Bergeim Floors. But that doesnt mean you cant do an in-place patch on those floors too. However some types of damage cant be repaired including.
I had two damaged wood laminate planks that have been sitting for years. Things like water and dirt can build up under your floorboards so use a broom and dustpan to sweep everything up. Some damage to laminate flooring planks is correctable and doesnt require replacement.
By ordering more now you can ensure that your replacement laminate planks will match perfectly with your older ones. If theres anything on the exposed floor it can prevent the planks. Most flooring dealers sell repair kits that contain all you need to mask shallow scratches and if the finish is worn you can often fix it by applying a coat of stain and clear finish.
In this video I show you how to fix water damaged laminate flooring without replacing it. Slip a dowel or scrap piece of flooring under the seam. Removing the excess water under the plank and using a wet-vac may also resolve the issue.
When a board sustains damage in the middle of a laminate floor you have two options for replacing it. Wear safety glasses and use a putty knife to remove any molding or baseboards around the perimeter of the damaged area. Follow all the cutting directions shown for a snap-together floor.
Most of the early laminate floors were fastened with glue. Then take a cloth and wipe every inch of the exposed floor. Order and keep extra laminate flooring handy so you can quickly replace damaged planks.
- Can You Mop Laminate Floors With Vinegar
- Can You Vacuum Laminate Floors
- Can I Install Laminate Flooring On Stairs
- Can U Install Laminate Flooring Over Carpet Pad
- Clean Laminate Flooring Best Way
- Can You Put Laminate Flooring On Concrete Slab
- Can You Use Shark Sonic Duo On Laminate Floors
- Cleaning Hardwood Laminate Floors With Vinegar
- Charisma Laminate Flooring
- Can You Use A Shark Steam Mop On Laminate Wood Floors
- Can U Lay Vinyl Flooring Over Tiles
- Can A Steam Mop Be Used On Laminate Floors
- Can I Mop Laminate Floors With Bleach
- Can You Put Vinyl Plank Flooring Over Hardwood Floors
- Cherry Laminate Flooring 12mm
- Can You Install Laminate Flooring Over Commercial Carpet
- Cleaning Laminate Wood Floors Naturally
- Cherry Laminate Floor
- Can Vinyl Flooring Go Over Ceramic Tile
- Chesapeake Laminate Flooring Reviews