Steam Cleaning Laminate Floors Is It Safe
Use a damp cloth to blot up spills as soon as they happen.
Steam Cleaning Laminate Floors Is It Safe. Stocki says its best to avoid using a. The moisture released from the steam mop can loosen the layers of the laminate making it tougher to use and potentially damaging your floor. It may cause damage on the laminate floor.
By now you know that wood and moisture are not allies. However it is possible. Generally speaking the answer is no.
If you dont have the time to bring out your microfiber mop or Swiffer then a steam mop can be used. Many manufacturers do not recommend using a steam mop on laminate floors. Many homeowners who have laminate floors may be wondering if they can use a steam mop to keep their floors fresh and clean.
Traditional wet mopping and even wet pad sweeping can leave moisture sitting on laminate for several minutes. They use water to naturally clean your floors. NEVER use a steamer on those flooring types regardless of what the ad says.
The mop will clean the tile surfaces and the grout leaving a streak-free surface thats simultaneously disinfected. When floors are sealed and installed properly these mops can be valuable cleaning tools for quick and quality cleanings. You have seen the infomercials and possibly read product labels that say safe for cleaning laminate or wood flooring but I can assure you that steam cleaning wood or laminate flooring is a recipe for disaster.
However it is better to avoid steam cleaner to clean this floor. Since these tiles are embedded into a mortar and concrete board surface even older cracked tiles can be safely cleaned without risking permanent damage. Some limitation on using a steam mop.
- Installing Laminate Tile Flooring
- Laminate Ceramic Flooring
- Is 8mm Laminate Flooring Good
- Installation Of Laminate Flooring Cost
- Laminate Floor Cost
- Laminate Floor Glue Home Depot
- Installing Engineered Wood Flooring Over Vinyl
- Laminate Floor Kit Bunnings
- Laminate Floor Dent Repair
- Installing Vinyl Plank Floor Over Tile
- Installing Vinyl Plank Flooring Over Wood
- Install Laminate Flooring On Concrete
- Laminate Floor Installation Tips
- Is White Vinegar Safe To Use On Laminate Floors
- Install Laminate Flooring
- Installing Laminate Flooring In Kitchen
- Laminate Floor Beading Thickness
- Kitchen And Bathroom Laminate Flooring
- Laminate Floor Cost Calculator
- Is Shark Steamer Safe For Laminate Floors