Will A Steam Mop Hurt Laminate Floors
The wood itself doesnt seem to be damaged.
Will A Steam Mop Hurt Laminate Floors. The steam produced by Steam mops can certainly kill bacteria and other pathogens but you have to hold the mop for at least 10 minutes over a spot to sanitize that much area. The same goes for most laminate. A steam mop can as well make a laminate floor to start peeling swelling and warping.
So be sure the mop is set on low and move it in quick strokes to prevent over-heating any spot on your laminate. The flooring will begin to warp and gradually become worse. The steam can cause.
I made the mistake of letting our steam mop warm up on the flooring and its damaged the flooring. Yes using a chemical cleaner with a steam mop can damage your tile floor. Regardless of your tile floors being strongly built these chemicals can weaken your tile floor.
During the time of cleaning on a steam mop you should ensure on its law heat. That doesnt mean a steam mop is ideal for sanitizing laminate floors as claimed by the appliance manufacturers. These corded or battery-powered mops have rotating or vibrating mop pads to deep clean floors with minimal effort.
When a steam mop is used on laminate flooring steam soothes over the laminated floor cleaning off the dirt and only a tiny amount of leftover moisture is present which can not cause any harm. Steam mops create too much moisture for laminate floors which are often manufactured with a compressed fiberparticleboard layers. While a steam mop is great for tile vinyl and stone floors they often result in steam mop damaged laminate floors.
Unless the chemical is approved by the manufacturer dont go near one. It is extremely important to always use your steam mop on the lowest setting with laminate. Laminate and excessive heat and moisture do not mix.
- How To Put Laminate Flooring In Basement
- How To Remove Black Stains From Laminate Flooring
- How To Install Laminate Flooring Over Wood
- How To Repair Deep Scratches On Laminate Flooring
- How To Remove Buildup From Ceramic Tile Floors
- How To Lay Laminate Flooring In Bathroom
- How To Refinish Laminate Wood Floors
- How To Lay Laminate Flooring On An Uneven Surface
- How To Lay Laminate Floor On Concrete
- How To Put Underlay Under Laminate Flooring
- How To Lay Down Laminate Tile Flooring
- How To Lay Lino Tiles On Floorboards
- How To Put Vinyl Flooring Down In Bathroom
- How To Put Down Pergo Laminate Flooring
- How To Lay Linoleum Tiles On Concrete Floor
- How To Install Vinyl Plank Flooring On The Wall
- How To Put Vinyl Flooring On Wood
- How To Install Vinyl Flooring On Wood
- How To Lay Laminate Flooring In L Shaped Hallway
- How To Install Vinyl Laminate Flooring