Will Steam Cleaners Damage Laminate Flooring
Their wear-resistance is different.
Will Steam Cleaners Damage Laminate Flooring. Steam mops create too much moisture for laminate floors which are often manufactured with a compressed fiberparticleboard layers. But continuous use of steam cleaner can damage the laminate floor with heat and moisture. The moisture produced from the steam mop can completely ruin the laminate floor.
They are completely waterproof. Essentially they turn ordinary tap water into deep-cleaning steam vapor. Though the water is removed quickly these machines present too much moisture for laminates and should NOT be used.
Clean Your Laminate Flooring with a Steam Mop Steaming is an excellent cleaning method whether you want to steam clean a couch the carpet or your laminate floors. While there is minimal moisture with a steam mop it is a combination of this heat and moisture causing the steam mop damaged laminate flooring. If so you probably used steam.
Additionally you can seal the laminate if you want it. Cleaning laminate floors with a steam mop requires a little extra care than mopping hardwood floors though. Steam mops work by releasing steam into the surface it is cleaning.
When you buy through links on our site we may earn an affiliate commission. Steam cleaning would be completely safe afterward. Never use multi-surface cleaners on laminate.
These types of cleaners can dull laminate flooring. The flooring options with PVC top layers exist. However there is an exception if you have waterproof laminate floors from some reputed brands such as Pergo Audacity etc.
- How To Put Down Laminate Hardwood Floor
- How To Lay Laminate Flooring Underlay
- How To Lay Pergo Laminate Flooring
- How To Level Out A Floor For Laminate Install
- How To Install Vinyl Floor Tiles Over Linoleum
- How To Install Vinyl Plank Flooring On Concrete
- How To Make Laminate Wood Floors Shine Again
- How To Lay Vinyl Flooring Over Subfloor
- How To Install Laminate Wood Flooring Without Removing Baseboards
- How To Lay Sticky Tile Flooring
- How To Install Locking Laminate Flooring
- How To Lay Vinyl Flooring Squares
- How To Lay Down Laminate Flooring On Concrete
- How To Lay Tongue And Groove Laminate Flooring
- How To Lay Vinyl Plank Flooring On Plywood
- How To Lay Vinyl Flooring Tiles In The Bathroom
- How To Remove Lino Glue From Floor Tiles
- How To Install Vinyl Flooring On Wood Floor
- How To Lay Vinyl Sheet Flooring On Concrete
- How To Remove Linoleum Tiles From Cement Floor